[Zope-CMF] Re: index_html behavior on Portal Folders in CMF-2.0.0

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue Mar 7 12:13:00 EST 2006

Hi Yuppie and Philipp. I really like what you have suggested for the
views. It makes the whole thing a lot less confounding. CMF will also
behave normally with skins if folks want that. But I am working with the
views. Will you release another beta with the changes?

On the action to the defaul profile I think that anything to facilitate
the marker interfaces ought to be included by default since I feel this
is likely to be a common situation.

I am still trying to create a working example of using a marker
interface to provide a new default view to a folder. But I am feeling
like I need a paint by numbers kit for this since this is all still very
new. It will seem alot less foreign once I have found a way of getting
some common things with some certainty with the views and interfaces.

I have five views enabled. I am sorry, Yuppie, I was unable to duplicate
the traceback myself. I have been working with five views and also
trying to get CMFDefault to provide Five views along with my own Portal
product that I build with a script with CMFDefault plus my own sources.
In the short term I have disabled Five views in one product and left
skins on the other because I cannot get both to cooperate on a default
view at the same time without a conflict.

In cmf default in skin configure.zcml

   <browser:defaultSkin
       name="cmf"
       />

In my product in skin configure.zcml

   <browser:defaultSkin
       name="amportal"
       />

I had created an override.zcml  I created an override.zcml that
prevented the conflict error to allow Five to start but it did not allow
both to use five views at the same time.

Regards,
David