[Zope-CMF] memberdata + mysql integration

Miles miles at jamkit.com
Thu Apr 26 14:54:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I need to integrate a zope instance with memberdata that is stored in
mysql (generated by a pre-existing discuss forum).  Users need to be
authenticated by mysql, and the memberdata tool should be able to get
and set their properties, as well as adding new users etc.

What is currently considered the best practice way of achieving this
sort of integration?  I have looked briefly at:

  - PAS: looks the most pluggable but doesn't seem to have a MySQL
plugin and is quite complicated at first glance.

  - MySQLUserFolder: appears to fit the bill for authentication but no
changes since late 2005.

  - ExUserFolder: also looks like it will deal with authentication but
no changes since early 2005.

In particular, none seem to deal with the memberdata properties that
should be assigned to a user, though I may not be looking hard enough.

How far will I get with existing products, and how much code (aside from
entering column and table names etc) will I need to write?

Thanks for your help,

Miles