[Zope-CMF] Re: Adapterizing CMFCore.WorkflowTool

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Dec 30 08:45:02 EST 2007

Hi!

Laurence Rowe wrote:
> For the upcoming Plone 3.1 release, we have two PLIPs aimed at
> adapterizing workflow lookup: http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/217

-1

I don't understand the need for this. The workflow tool shipped with
CMFCore implements IConfigurableWorkflowTool. It is responsible for
maintaining the workflow chains. If you want a tool with a different
behavior, why don't you subclass the tool instead of monkey patching or
adapterizing it?

> and adapterizing workflow status and history:
> http://plone.org/products/roadmap/221

+1

I just would prefer named adapters over multi-adapters. And deprecate
getHistoryOf, setStatusOf and getStatusOf.

Cheers,

	Yuppie