[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup extension profile import step mis-feature

Rob Miller ra at burningman.com
Tue Jul 31 12:37:05 EDT 2007

Raphael Ritz wrote:

<---SNIP--->

> And now? What are those add-on authors (e.g. David Convent for
> ATBiblioStyles or Mike Gabriel for ATBiblioTopic) supposed to do?
> Include the ATExtensions and CMFBib profiles in their products
> as well? Leave them out and explain in their README (which those
> who should never read) that they have to load the other profiles
> first? Is that making the integrators life easier?
>
> I guess I just don't see what's wrong with supporting dependencies.

i don't think anybody is saying there's something wrong w/ supporting
dependencies.  in fact, i'm pretty sure we have consensus that profile
dependency support is desirable.  the problem is that it's not yet in the
code.  i put support for declaring profile dependencies into the metadata.xml
file (where you can also specify the profile version), but i ran out of time
to work on GS and so nothing is being done with this information.

-r