[Zope-CMF] Re: GenericSetup extension profile import step mis-feature

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Tue Jul 31 14:17:51 EDT 2007

Martin Aspeli, on 2007-07-31:
> Of course, there may be a good reason to have cache.xml not be processed if
> CacheFu isn't installed, but it's still unpredictable. The only way I can
> make it predictable would be if I explicitly declared a dependency on this
> profile and/or I explicitly declared a dependency on the product that
> provided it.

Is there anything wrong with declaring CacheFu a dependency when you
actually depend on it?

And on the other hand: if you have a cache.xml file in e.g. Poi and
someone else uses that product but does not want to use CacheFu, then
without declaring a dependency the cache.xml just does not get
processed, which is exactly what the user wants then.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/