[Zope-CMF] Re: tools-as-utilities, merging, releasing, etc

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 1 17:43:24 EST 2007

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> That BeforeTraverseEvent should be fired by ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
> after it looks up __before_publishing_traverse__ but before calling it
> I believe. Firing it from inside CMF doesn't make sense.

Yes, the ZPublisher should be firing it. But it doesn't. While it's
clearly an oversight for Zope 2.10, I wonder if it can be classified as
a bug or not. Probably not.

Certainly a lot of existing Zope 2 ISites will have this hideous
persistent before-traverse hook that came to us via whoever thought of
Five.site (*cough* right, Sidnei? :)). So if the ZPublisher introduces
this event, we'll ahve to be careful that it won't be sent twice for an
object...

Patches are welcome :).

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5