[Zope-CMF] Re: tools-as-utilities, merging, releasing, etc

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Mar 1 12:48:29 EST 2007

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> That BeforeTraverseEvent should be fired by ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py,
> after it looks up __before_publishing_traverse__ but before calling it
> I believe. Firing it from inside CMF doesn't make sense.

That might be right, I'm not familiar with the details. But Zope 2.10
doesn't fire the BeforeTraverseEvent, so CMF has to do it somehow.

I just refactored a dynamically set 'before traverse hook' using a
hardcoded call in __before_publishing_traverse__. AFAICS that didn't
make things worse.

Cheers, Yuppie