[Zope-CMF] [dev] add view traversal

yuppie y.2008 at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Sep 15 12:21:11 EDT 2008

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> yuppie-4 wrote:
>> Charlie Clark wrote:

>> Could you live with a) as well if we use a different hook than
>> IPublishTraverse?
>>

> I really think it would be a very big mistake to have a view called + that
> was not an IAdding view. Plone, at least, would have to forcibly disable
> such a thing, and it'd be very confusing to people who come from Zope 3 and
> expect certain semantics from IAdding.

I think it is consensus that we don't want a solution that is based on
IAdding or an other view called '+'.

The example http://www.example.org/guestbook/+Message has nothing to do
with that. It means to reserve names *starting* with '@@+' or '+' for
CMF add view names. Similar to the 'add' prefix convention encouraged by
z3c.form. Right now I prefer this solution, but I have to think a bit
more about the pros and cons.

The other possible solution (and the one with most spontaneous +1 votes)
is a CMF specific add view with the generic name 'add'.

Cheers, Yuppie