[Zope-CMF] [CMF 2.1] Opaque items

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Mon Jun 29 02:43:51 EDT 2009

On Jun 28, 2009, at 11:40 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am currently migrating our CMS from CMF 1.X to CMF 2.1.
>
> The following error is raised because the original content classes
> are not derived from CMFCatalogAware.
>
> # Module Products.HaufeCMS.DataLevel.Folder, line 170, in addDocument
> # Module Products.BTreeFolder2.BTreeFolder2, line 428, in _setObject
> # Module zope.event, line 23, in notify
> # Module zope.component.event, line 26, in dispatch
> # Module zope.component._api, line 130, in subscribers
> # Module zope.component.registry, line 290, in subscribers
> # Module zope.interface.adapter, line 535, in subscribers
> # Module zope.component.event, line 33, in objectEventNotify
> # Module zope.component._api, line 130, in subscribers
> # Module zope.component.registry, line 290, in subscribers
> # Module zope.interface.adapter, line 535, in subscribers
> # Module Products.CMFCore.CMFCatalogAware, line 280, in
> dispatchToOpaqueItems
> # Module Products.HaufeCMS.DataLevel.Component.Component, line 829, in
> __getattr__
> # Module Products.HaufeCMS.DataLevel.MetaData, line 116, in
> __getattr__
>
> Is it now a requirement in CMF 2.x to derive from CMFCatalogAware or
> would it be sufficient to implement the opaqueXXX() methods on our
> own?

 From http://dev.plone.org/old/plone/browser/plone.app.discussion/trunk/plone/app/discussion/comment.py#L83
  and following lines it would appear you can do the latter.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup