[Zope-CMF] Member preferences

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Jul 1 10:52:06 EDT 2010

Am 01.07.2010, 09:33 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2010 at wcm-solutions.de>:

> And that error shows you a nice diff that tells you that the
> change_password action is added, but in the wrong position. Right? Or
> did you forget to register the upgrade step?
>
>> Do I need to tell the upgrade to do the insert before preferences?
> Yes. "environ._should_purge = False" gives you the extension profile
> behavior. By default new objects are added to the end of the container.
> If you want them in a different place, you have to specify that using an
> update directive ('insert-before' or 'insert-after').

Sorry, my ignorance is just shining through: I hadn't added the
registration in upgrade/configure.zcml
Not seeing errors for the missing imports should have given me the clue.

Now the registration is working and the upgrade is attempted but failing.
 From the diff it looks like there is still an attempt to append the
definition at the end of actions.xml. So I assume I've not got
insert-after="join" in the right place.

   <object name="change_password" meta_type="CMF Action"
       i18n:domain="cmf_default" insert-after="join">

But even with the errors I've now learnt a bit more about the upgrade
steps necessary for the other changes we've made.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director