[Zope-CMF] cmf-tests - OK: 3, UNKNOWN: 1

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Aug 7 14:25:46 EDT 2011

Am 07.08.2011, 17:13 Uhr, schrieb Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>:

> The problem appears in CMFDefault.DiscussionItem.createReply on line
> 251, where the newly created discussion reply is aqcuisition-wrapped in
> the talkback object:
>        item = DiscussionItem( id, title=title, description=title )
>         self._container[id] = item
>         item = item.__of__(self)
> After the wrapping, the discussion item has the wrong path. Even though
> "self", the "talkback" object, has the correct path when calling
> getPhysicalPath on it. I can't see anything overly stupid in the
> DiscussionItem code, so there has to be an issue with that Zope
> getPhysicalPath change. Reverting that one change in the current Zope
> trunk fixes the tests.

Ouch!

Hanno, have you got any stats on the optimisation? I looked briefly at the
changes and I'm not sure if this is really worth it.

http://svn.zope.org/Zope/trunk/src/OFS/Traversable.py?rev=122213&view=diff&r1=122213&r2=122212&p1=Zope/trunk/src/OFS/Traversable.py&p2=/Zope/trunk/src/OFS/Traversable.py

The revised method is significantly more complicated.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director