[Zope-CMF] cmf-tests - OK: 3, UNKNOWN: 1

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Aug 7 14:45:41 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Hanno, have you got any stats on the optimisation? I looked briefly at the
> changes and I'm not sure if this is really worth it.

Nikolay is working on this and some more evil looking patches at
https://github.com/fafhrd91/experimental.performance

These fixes combined currently result in almost a 50% speedup in
rendering time and cut down the number of function calls
significantly.

Just one example he shared with me for rendering the edit screen of a
page in Plone (req/s, function calls):

Stock Plone 4.2:

~5.5, 170000, /Plone/front-page/edit (manager)

With Chameleon:

~7.8, 101000, /Plone/front-page/edit (manager)

With evil looking optimizations:

~12.3,  43000, /Plone/front-page/edit (manager)

So yes, while these changes look at bit evil, they do have a major impact.

Hanno