[Zope-CMF] SVN: Products.CMFCore/branches/2.2/Products/CMFCore/exportimport/content.py remove type check that seem useless

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu Jan 13 08:41:29 EST 2011

Am 13.01.2011, 14:01 Uhr, schrieb Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be>:

>> Aren't you risking double encoding now? That patch looks like it makes
>> things worse, not better.
> I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Hi Godefroid,

the unpatched code checks to see whether a self.Title() or
self.Description() are unicode in which case they can be encoded. Your
patch will force encoding even on strings, ie. double-encoding.

Regarding the procedure: changes to the CMF should be tested on CMF
buildouts, with CMF specific tests. You should probably run the
exportimport with pdb to see what self.Title() is returning but, yes, I
suspect the problem you are experiencing is Plone and not CMF related.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director