[Zope-DB] Problems with new attributes on Pluggable Brains classes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:10:18 +0100

Liam Herron writes:
 > I have two problems with pluggable brains:
 >    1) I cannot have the class I use for the Pluggable Brain be subclassed
 >       from another class.  When I attempt this, I get AttributeError on
 >       the attributes which I am trying to subclass from:
 >
 >       class A:
 >          def __init__(self):
 >             self.testattr1 = "HELLO"
 >
 >       class B(A):
 >          def __init__(self):
 >             A.__init__(self)
The problem is *NOT* the inheritance structure but the assignment
to the attribute (therefore, nothing changes when you flatten your
class hierarchy).

I have been bitten by this feature, too.
I posted a problem description to "zope-dev" (--> mailing list archives)
and made a Collector entry (now probably lost due to the ill fate
of the old collector).

Maybe, you search my post and recreate a Collector entry.
However, I do not have much hope that the problem (bug)
will get fixed in the near future.

Dieter