[Zope-DB] NotSupportedError - ZMySQLDA -- Help! ;-)

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:48:54 -0400

OK, here's a good non-authoritative answer: contact the maintainer, Andy
Dustman.  Its a judgement call as to whether or not the DA is correct
raising a NotSupportedError -- in this case, it feels like the
transaction is being rolled back by Zope, which might happen if you have
a DTML error on a page which is unrelated to the database function.  The
way I read the message, the database is warning you that some data you
changed cannot be undone.
The DA shouldn't necessarily eat this, because it means the whole
transaction couldn't be rolled back.

I'm not enough of a MySQL guy to know more about when it raises that
particular error.