[Zope-DB] wishlist

kapil thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:17:45 -0700

On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:42 pm, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> This is a direct consequence of the data being sent into the database as
> strings, not as positional parameters.  I would guess that ZSql methods
> can be tweaked by simple re-coding to allow you to embed a line-end
> character for SQL -- but my preferred solution is to try to use bind
> values instead (which Zope does not support at this time but is on my
> wish-list to pull some patches and do some other work to support.)

Hi matt,

i'm trying to make a zope db wish list for things to do in a rewrite. so far
the major things i have are

 - connection state management
 - bind variable support
 - allow for explicit transaction control
 - general code clean up.
 - integration with cache manager api

i was wondering if you would mind sharing whats on your wish list...

thanks

kapil thangavelu