[Zope-DB] Zope on Linux connecting to MS SQL Server

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:47:55 +0200

Hello,

I have a customer which would like to access data in MS - SQL server from a
Zope server on Linux.

I read the following from Matt Kromer on 2001 October 17th :

>Well, one way to do this would be to use something like the OpenLink
>(www.openlink.com) ODBC drivers and use an ODBC adapter to talk to SQL
>Server.  I've done this with ZODBCDA, although not in a production
>context.   For ODBC adapters, Zope corp has an older ODBC driver, or you
>could get Egenix's (www.egenix.com) mx-ODBC.  Note that some of these
>drivers are fee licensed for production commercial use, but I believe
>that both OpenLink and Egenix charge nominal fees.
>
>Also, its probably worth stating that what OpenLink provides is a driver
>manager, and Egenix provides a driver -- you need both.

Is there anything new or can someone communicate any experience... ?

Thanks.
--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl