[Zope-DB] ODBC

Julián Muñoz jmunoz@telefonica.net
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:39:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Carlos Americo Ojeda Medina writes:
>  > Hi, i installed ZOPE in a linux machine and installed databases in
>  > windows machine with ODBC, can i acces this DBs with the "Zope ODBC
>  > Database Adapter"?
> I do not think so, unless your Linux is able to execute Windows
> dlls.
>
> Apparently, there are several ways to connect between Linux and
> MS SQL Server:
>
>   *  "SQLRelay" over FreeTDS (SQL server only, no Access)
>   *  Dave Cole's Sybase DB-API implementation over FreeTDS
>      (SQL server only, no Access)
>   *  "tcpdb"

Carlos, sorry, I thought you was on Windows, not on Linux.

I thought this because it is clearly explained in the ODBC-DA that this
only works on Windows, and I read very fast your message, sorry.

Take a look also to sf.net/projects/odbcsock and the Zope XMLKit.

For dbtcp, I have started to do a database adapter for Zope, but I have no
time, and If you want to access MS SQL server rather than Access, the
solutions said by Dieter are much better.

--

      __o
    _ \<_

Saludos de Julián