[Zope-DB] leaking connections or what? (zope 2.5 with DB2)

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:22:13 +0100

Stephan Herschel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On our Zope we've got the problem that there is a tendency for more and
> more connections being opened. As we keep restarting the Zope Server
> from time to time this is not a very big problem, but still I wonder if
> this is the way it should be. Shouldn't there be a way to constrain the
> number of open connections? (especially as there might arise license
> problems on the database)
> Have others experienced similar behaviour? Is it a matter of the DA?

I think that this is dependent on the DA you are using.
The mxODBC Zope DA, for example, allows you to configure the
number of physical connections per logical Zope connection
object, so the total number of connects is under user
control.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH