[Zope-DB] leaking connections or what? (zope 2.5 with DB2)

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:00:53 +0100

On 2002-12-03 at 18:22:13 [+0100], M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> I think that this is dependent on the DA you are using. The mxODBC Zope
> DA, for example, allows you to configure the number of physical
> connections per logical Zope connection object, so the total number of
> connects is under user control.

this brings up an interesting question: how does RDBMS connection pooling
work under Zope? How many connections are open at any one time, how much
control do you have over them and how do they work.

I've only had experience with Gadfly, MySQL and PostgreSQL but it seemed
that if I was running a complex query on MySQL that I couldn't run any
other queries at the same time using the same DA. This doesn't appear to be
the problem with the PostgreSQL adapter.

Apart from licensing problems this could be a real bottleneck on a big
website.

Is there a list anywhere of which DAs do what?

Charlie