[Zope-DB] Microsoft SQL Server

wade@okaynetwork.com wade@okaynetwork.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 06:13:35 -0400

A few days ago I posted a question about mxODBC (the adapter has been removed from zope.org). Didn't get an answer, but in case anyone is interested here is what I found out.

I sent an inquiry to Marc-Andre Lemburg, author of mxODBC and other excellent tools. He replied that there had been a Zope adapter available, as well as one by Andrew Kuchling, but that neither works with the
current mxODBC; and that he might provide a commercial adapter if there were customers for it.

I had already found Andrew Kuchling's adapter via a Google search. It's based on DCOracle and is targeted to Solid DB, but it was easy to make it work with mx.ODBC.Windows. In casual testing it seemed to work
fine with mxODBC 2.0.1 , which is what I happen to have installed on my Zope box.

Is nybody else out there using Zope with SQL Server? If so,  how are you connecting? I haven't tried SQL Relay yet; it appears to have a fair number of moving parts, so I wanted to go with tried-and-true mxODBC if
possible.

I am trying to introduce Zope to a company that has lots of Active Server Pages connecting to SQL Server. That seems like a fairly common setup, so it seems odd I haven't run into more info about using Zope in this
context.

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY