[Zope-DB] Postgres - Problem creating new databases

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:12:00 +0000

> You might try using a different Python driver / DA combination such as the
> older PyGreSQL system: at least to set up databases and users. You may well
> have to use an ExternalMethod as well to be outside of the Zope transaction.

Thanks very much.

Just for reference for anyone else on the list, I added an external method:

import os

def createDatabase (self, username, dbname):
    os.system("createdb -U " + username + " " + dbname)

And then calling this creates the database with no errors.