[Zope-DB] Zope DB question

sameer chaudhry sameer_@email.com
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:03:16 -0500

Two issues:
1)

I have a product that I wrote in zope which is just a big hash.  It
loads in company names as keys, and from a text file, adds ticker
items as each value for a particular key.  Now I only want this huge
dictionary to load once, which is when zope starts up (possibly in a
global space), as I need one copy of it and I need that one copy to
update every x number of minutes.  Currently, I think, each user that
views this product, loads his own copy of the hash, which makes it
slow and a memory hog.  I only want a single copy available to all
users, and the data refresh time to be determined by the system or the
user.

2)

In the same python product, I am trying to access an ODBC database connection.  I have tried 2 ways of accessing it, and both have failed.  First I created a Z SQL method in the same directory as the Product, and tried to access that Z SQL method.  My product subclasses SimpleItem, and so I tried self.getattr(name_of_Z_SQL_meth)().  The Z SQL method doesn't take any arguments, so that should have worked.  Then I tried import SQL from Zope: from Products.ZSQLMethods.SQL import SQL, and running the SQL method directly.  It always complains about the formation of the connection ID which I cannot seem to get right.  Help on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

I am using: Zope 2.5.1 with Python 2.1.3 on win 2k professional.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife