[Zope-DB] Zope and MySQL running on Windows

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:22:42 -0500

Hi,

I have already posted this email request on zope-admin@zope.org. Crosbie
Fitch and Chris Withers have been trying to help me figure out what the
problem is. I am running Zope (2.5) and Win2000. I have found and loaded all
the products. Here is a list:

MySQL-python-0.9.2.win32-py2.1.exe
mysql-3.23.54-win.zip
ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar.gz

I found this on the SourceForge site, they said to do the
following:

1) Installed Python 2.1
2) Installed MySQLdb with the Windows installer
3) Coppied the following files from my Python 2.1 directory to
c:\zope\lib\python:
CompatMysqldb.py
CompatMysqldb.pyc
CompatMysqldb.pyo
_mysql.pyd
_mysql_exceptions.py
_mysql_exceptions.pyc
_mysql_exceptions.pyo
MySQLdb (the entire directory)
4) Installed ZMySQLDA

No Luck still see the compile error when running start.bat.

I also tried Crosbie suggestion to do the following after I removed
MySQL-python-0.9.2.win32-py2.1 from the Add/Remove Program option.

(I found a solution
Before installing MySQL-python-0.9.2.win32-py2.1.exe
Just add an entry to you register base :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\2.1\InstallPath]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WebSite\\bin"

Replace the default value @= with the path to you python.exe installed with
Zope.)

But I still this error:

2003-01-07T09:26:16 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module OFS.Application, line 541, in import_product
  Module Products.ZMySQLDA, line 106, in ?
  Module Products.ZMySQLDA.DA, line 108, in ?
  Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 106, in ?
ImportError: No module named MySQL

Can you please tell me what I am missing or doing wrong, thanks in advance.

Larry McDonnell

Proton Energy Systems
10 Technology Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492