[Zope-DB] Re: ZPsycopgDA (version 1.0.13) problems

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:59:43 +0100

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Federico Di Gregorio wrote at 2003-1-20 14:25 +0100:
>  > >   *  "max_rows==0" is interpreted as to not return results at all.
>  > >      It seems more consistent with other use of the value "0"
>  > >      to interpret it as "no restriction"
>  >
>  > ok. i'll just make sure zope does not assign a different meaning to 0.
> Other DA's (e.g. "ZMySQLDA") interpret "0" as "no limitation".
> The same interpretation is used in Zope session implementation.

Not sure I follow here: if max_rows is given as argument, then
it should limit the number of rows in the result set. Passing
in a value of 0 will result in no rows being returned.

> Interpreting "0" as "do not return any results" is not useful.

Depends on what you expect :-) Assigning a special value to
0 is not very useful either.

Passing None as max_rows to mean "no limits" is much more
meaningful here, IMHO.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH