[Zope-DB] DA's violating transactional assertions

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:51:39 -0500

Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

>Il ven, 2003-01-24 alle 04:12, Robert Kellock ha scritto:
>

>>Which ones?
>>

>ZpsycopgDA for sure (right Dieter? :) and probably ZOracleDA (from which
>ZPsycopgDA was derived), ZPoPyDA and maybe even the mysql adapter (but i
>can be wrong here.)

I'm fairly sure ZOracleDA does that ;)  I know it used to before I
touched it, and likely hasn't changed since.  Of course, those DA's do
predate ConflictError... not that this is an excuse.

>i completely agree with Dieter's analisys and i'll try to fix the
>problem in the 1.1 series. the problem is: does zope provides such a
>"special exception"?
>
>/federico

The whole Zope DA machinery is overdue for a thorough housecleaning, but
there isn't a lot of interest in doing it.