[Zope-DB] ZODB vs MySQL

Robert Crotty r_crotty@yahoo.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1092878424-1055711778=:10975

Hello,

I am a newbie and have found that Zope is extremely easy to access databases and present information to a browser as well as enter information.   My expertise is databases and data mining not web base applications and I just look for the best way to enter, update and present data to a workflow.  I had to learn html, dtml  etc. over the last week but was able to create and application for a customer with MS Access, Windows NT and Zope for a radio tracking repair process.  Eventually this will migrate to another RDMS but it works great great.  If you now SQL and want to present the database to thin clients using browsers Zope is easy ot use.

Thanks,

Rob Crotty

Robert L. Crotty, PE
Registered Professional Industrial and Systems Engineer, State of Texas

972-463-6017 (Home)
817-538-7442 (Cell)
r_crotty@yahoo.com

--0-1092878424-1055711778=:10975

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am a newbie and have found that Zope is extremely easy to access databases and present information&nbsp;to a browser as well as enter information.&nbsp;&nbsp; My expertise is databases and data mining not web base applications and I just look for the best way to enter, update and present data to a workflow.&nbsp; I had to learn html, dtml&nbsp; etc. over the last week but was able to create and application for a customer with MS Access, Windows NT and Zope for a radio tracking repair process.&nbsp; Eventually this will migrate to another RDMS but it works great great.&nbsp; If you now SQL and want to present the database to thin clients using browsers Zope is easy ot use.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rob Crotty</DIV><BR><BR><DIV>