[Zope-DB] Creating a "matrix" HTML table from a database table

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 14:16:44 +0100

On 2003-03-07 at 11:43:47 [+0100], Norman Khine wrote:
> http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/MySQL/MySQLWiz/print_html
>
> should be helpful

While this is interesting and helpful in general I'm not sure if it's
appropriate in this case. The SQL gets pretty detailed and may be MySQL
specific and I think it's worth noting that anything this complex is likely
specific to a particular RDBMS. You're likely to want to use VIEWS in any
case. Of course, the main reason for objection is that the programming
examples are all in perl!!!

I recall that Adrian Hungate wrote a Zope product specially to help
generate reports: ZDataQueryKit. If nothing else it will help you write the
SQL!

Good luck

Charlie