[Zope-DB] result

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:54:13 -0500

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 03:16:18PM -0800, D. Rick Anderson wrote:
> I sent this to the zope@zope.org board, but nobody answered and I
> supposed it's because it's more DB related. ;-)
>
> I need to know how to build a 'result' like the ones that are returned
> from a query. I'm wanting to take a set of data, and be able to use it
> with dtml-in exactly like I would an SQL query. Mainly because
> eventually it will be replaced by an actual query and I dont' want to
> have to re-code this whole site when it does.  I read 'How to write a
> DA' on the Zope.org site, but it's section on the result is terse and
> doesn't really explain what you have to do.

I don't want to be negative here, but, don't do it for this reason.  It
will be far easier simply use a database and a matching adapter.  ZSQL
Queries are very easy to create; you think you want one in the future;
so make the future now!

Now, that being said, you probably want to look at the query method of
an existing DA; for example
$ZOPEPATH/lib/python/Products/ZGadflyDA/db.py

Jim Penny