[Zope-DB] ZMySQL python 0.9.0 problem

andy andy@bigorangelovebus.net
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:18:09 +0000

Posted this to the wrong list before (zope@), so excuse double-post for
any that subscribe to both.

I'm having problems getting the above to run, using zope on Redhat 7.3
(actually the www.e-smith.org version 5.1.2).

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I've got all the databases ready to
roll, and just need the DA to work. According to my system, the core.py
file is in /usr/lib/python2.1/distutils/, and the setup.py file in the
MySQL-python-0.9.0 directory reads:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os, sys
from distutils.core import setup
from distutils.extension import Extension

If I try to build or install this file, then I get an error saying:

ImportError: No module named distutils.core

Should I be changing some of the setup.py file? I can't see where the
problem lies. One thing that I didn't expect to happen is that I
currently have 2 python installs in /usr/lib/ - one called python1.5 and
  one called python2.1. Is this where part of the problem lies?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy