[Zope-DB] Problem with TALES DateTime conversion

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:14:20 +0100

Charlie Clark wrote:
> On 2003-03-15 at 17:44:39 [+0100], M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>>The mxDateTime 2.1 version should be usable in those contexts as well
>>(I've added the necessary attributes to DateTime objects).
>

> ah, I think I remember the discussion. I'll see if I can install 2.1 on the
> server. Is it possible to simply install over the existing one? ie. can I
> get away with not being root?

2.1 isn't released yet, so that won't work :-)

>>The mxODBC Zope DA already uses this version.
>
> of course, it does. However, ODBC isn't appropriate in this environment
> and, as we've discussed in real life, ODBC for PostgreSQL isn't famous for
> it's quality.

True, but that'll probably change soon rather than later given
the speed of development in the PostgreSQL camp.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 15 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     17 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       101 days left