[Zope-DB] SQL exception handling questions

Andrew Veitch andrew@logicalprogression.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:15:18 +0000

Sorry I was assuming you were writing a Python file system product.

Zope scripts restrict what you can import for security reasons.

The ways round this are to:
1) use an External Method
2) write a file system product

For SQL I would recommend against using External Methods because of the way
they behave with Zope's transaction machinery (essentially they are outside
it which is useful sometimes).

So I think you would have to write a file system product to do this
properly. Unless anyone has a better idea?