[Zope-DB] RE: [ADMIN] Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

Tamir Halperin tamir@brobus.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:21:21 -0500

Hi Robert. Thanks for the feedback. My comments and questions below...

I agree. Psycopg seems to be saying exactly that from what appears to be =
a healthy Zope environment.

> Check your postgresql.conf file and make sure tcpip_socket =3D true

I have a /usr/local/share/postgresql/postgresql.conf.sample file but I =
don't see a postgresql.conf file anywhere in the system.

I've confirmed that the sample file is reflecting the default setting of =
false.

How do I go about overriding the tcpip_socket =3D false setting for this =
specific pgsql service?

> You might also need to configure your pg_hba.conf to allow connections
> from your windows box.

Likewise, I don't see a pg_hba.conf file in my system.

My pg_hba.conf.sample file seems to show a tabular view of permissions =
of some kind at the bottom:

Type	database	user	ip-address	ip-mask		method
local	all		all						trust
host	all		all	127.0.0.1	255.255.255.255	trust

Which modifications, if any, are needed to this table.

How do I put them into effect seeing as how this is the sample file =
we're talking about.