[Zope-DB] Dynamically generate sql-query in ZSQL Method

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Apr 7 14:43:28 EDT 2004

Dear Adam,

the quickest way to get you started is #1 in my e-mail yesterday - it will
work with all ZopeDA's.

1) the standard Zope approach
  from Products.ZSELMethods.SQL import SQL
  methodId = 'sqlListEmployees'
  setattr(self, methodId, SQL(methodId, '', 'employeesDB', 'Select * FROM

employees'))
  result =self.sqlListEmployees()

The setattr() method calls a connection and allows you to create dynamic
SQL. If you have another call before this which returns the fields in
question then you should have everything you need.

Please come back with a more specific question if you're still having
problems.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark