[Zope-DB] ZODB performance numbers

Winston WOLFF epoz at obcore.com
Tue Aug 24 03:22:26 EDT 2004

Does anybody have any performance numbers for ZODB?

I've just stared experimenting with ZODB and ZEO and I've written a
test program that makes an object and adds it to a persistent list.  I
create an object with 3 parameters, add it to the PersistentList, and
commit my transaction.  If I run this in a loop of 10 or 100 objects,
it can only perform about 2 objects saves/transactions per second.  I
know that ZODB is supposed to be better for reads than for writes, but
only two writes per second seems very slow.  I'm using the file storage
for zodb, and connecting with zeo and ClientStorage.

-winston