[Zope-DB] Zope crashes due to pb with ZOracleDA

Marie Robichon robichon at esrf.fr
Tue Feb 10 10:57:57 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I have a python script that creates a table in Oracle, then a sequence and
a trigger on the table.  However it gets as far as creating them all then
crashes our Zope server.  whilst returning an oracle error ORA-0000 normal,
successful completion.  I don't think this is a problem with my script
since if I get my script to print the sql string to the screen then paste
it into the test window of the Oracle_database_connection it crashes the
server also.

Our zope set-up:

Zope Version
(Zope 2.5.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, sunos5)
Python Version 2.1.3 (#1, Apr 19 2002, 10:51:32) [GCC 2.95.2 19991024
(release)]
System Platform sunos5

Using DCOracle2.

The part of my script that is causing problems :

#création d'une sequence
sql=""
sql = sql + "create sequence " + nomtable + "_seq "
sql = sql + "start with 1 "
sql = sql + "increment by 1 "
sql = sql + "nomaxvalue "

container.Oracle_database_connection.manage_test(sql)

création d'un trigger
sql=""
sql = sql + "create trigger " + nomtable + "_trigger "
sql = sql + "before insert on " + nomtable
sql = sql + " for each row "
sql = sql + "begin "
sql = sql + "select " + nomtable + "_seq.nextval into :new.survey_id from
dual; "
sql = sql + "end "

container.Oracle_database_connection.manage_test(sql)

Any ideas anyone ??

TIA

Marie