[Zope-DB] Zope 2.7.0 and MySQL: What Am I Missing?

Roy S. Rapoport zope-db at ols.inorganic.org
Tue Jun 8 19:01:54 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:06:06PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>   Look into "event.log". It may contain a hint.
>   Not sure though.

It looks like event.log is buffered -- in normal operation, I don't get the
startup messages in it until there's a request (successfuly) made against
the server.  In this case, I don't see anything coming out of it.

> If you work under a Unix variant (you did not tell us),

D'oh.  Solaris 9.

> then you should try to allow the OS to write core files.
> (See "ulimit" manual page). Let Zope crash and look
> into the core (with "gdb").

Nope, doesn't help -- before a hit against the server, I've got two
processes running (zdrun.py and run.py); if I wait long enough (about a
minute), I can't even make a hit against the server (connection refused),
but those two processes are still running.  In other words, Zope doesn't
crash, it "just stops working."  No core file -- and ulimit is unlimited.

Is there a recommended version of MySQL-Python and ZMySQLDA that I should
use with 2.7.0?

-roy