[Zope-DB] re: DCOracle, Oracle 7.3.5 and Linux

Kent Hoxsey khoxsey at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 24 11:20:22 EDT 2004

No need for a Linux ODBC connector. If you install the Oracle ODBC client stuff on your Windows machine, it should talk to your Oracle7 database without issue over the network.

I'm not sure if the MS ODBC drivers for Oracle implement SQL*Net v1 (used for Oracle7) but I'm pretty sure the Oracle clients maintain backward compatibility. So you might need to use the Oracle drivers, but that would be the only gotcha.

Kent