[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-DB] Re: Relational Databases in Zope 2 and Zope 3

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Mon Jun 28 07:55:29 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 07:47, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> >> There's not much out-of-the-box. Since Zope3 integrates much better
> >> with pure-Python solutions, I think it will be more common to use
> >> object-relational mappers such as SQLObjects rather than hacking your
> >> own SQLMethods.
>
> does ths mean that users (aka site developers) will provide SQL
> statements to Zoe that then will transmogrify then as needed into the
> object-relational stuff needed?

No.

> Or does it mean that users will need to learn the ins and outs of
> object-relational mapping before they can use SQL in their app?

No, all we are saying is that you have the choice. You will be able to use
RDBs the same way as in Zope 2. We have made very little changes to the
design. However, for larger applications, add-on packages like sqlos are the
way to go probably, since they do a lot of the hard work.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter