[Zope-DB] Zope ODBC Database Adapter

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jun 29 03:48:47 EDT 2004

Adrien Lazzaro wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am currently new to the ZOPE world and had a question regarding the
> Zope ODBC Database Adapter.  It is currently only available for the
> windows platform.

Try the mxODBC Zope DA. It works on Windows, Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD
and many other platforms.

> Does this mean I have to install ZOPE and the database adapter on the
> WIn platform?  Can I install the linux version of ZOPE and still connect
> to my MSSQL server without the database adapter?

Yes. All you need is a suitable ODBC driver that connects from
Linux to the MS SQL Server. FreeTDS is a free alternative, but
has a few problems esp. with longer data types and blobs. Other
alternatives are EasySoft's ODBC-ODBC bridge or one of the
many ODBC driver kits from OpenLink, DataDirect, etc.

For a more complete list, have a look at this URL:

	http://www.sqlsummit.com/ODBCVend.htm

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 29 2004)