[Zope-DB] Oracle & Zope

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jun 29 05:49:36 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>> mxODBC Zope DA currently works on Linux,
>> Solaris, FreeBSD and we offer ports to other platforms on a consulting
>> basis (we just recently ported it to AIX5 for a customer).
>
> What about Windows?

Ooops, forgot the most obvious one :-) mxODBC Zope DA works on all
Windows versions starting from Win98.

>> Now back to your question: connecting to Oracle from Windows
>> is really simple: all you have to do is install the Oracle ODBC
>> driver on Windows and use mxODBC Zope DA to connect to the driver
>> from Zope.
>
> Cool. What makes people not want ot use ODBC connections to Oracle?

Not sure; perhaps that route is not well-known enough. In any
case I'd suggest people try this kind of setup using our 30-day
eval licenses. If it doesn't work out, you can then always revert
to seting up DCOracle2.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 29 2004)