[Zope-DB] Typical size of result sets

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Jan 12 11:02:01 EST 2005

On 2005-01-12 at 16:38:11 [+0100], M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> > I'd stick in a bug in the collector. It should be fairly trivial to add
> > some documentation to the form explaining what's going on.
> >
> > What about changing the default to 0 while we're at it?
>
> That would be my preference as well. The fact that Z SQL Methods
> default to returning at most 1000 rows is not well documented
> and also well hidden in the Z SQL Method user interface.
>
> People will likely not know about it and then get strange
> results when doing queries on large database tables.

Yep, must be right up there in newbies questions and once you know about it
you kind of forget about it. Would probably be useful to see and set the
value in the main page rather than "advanced". I think I will do this in
posZSQL-Methods.

BTW. re positional (qmark) parameters, it seems that not every Python
driver actually supports them. Does anyone know if they're favourite
Zope-DA's underlying driver supports them?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com