[Zope-DB] How to connect to DB2 on the iSeries via Zope from Windows 2000 or XP

Breuer, Yvon YBreuer at tee.toshiba.de
Thu Jan 20 04:36:07 EST 2005

Hello to all of the zope-db list,

I am trying to find out how I can connect to the DB2 database on our iSeries.
At http://www.bluedynamics.org/products/ZDB2DA I found a Zope DB2 Database adapter, a Python DB2 Module and some installation instructions.

Now you probably think "where is your problem? you've got what you want"... My problem is that the installations instructions on BlueDynamics seem to be written for Linux. And unfortunately I have no knowledge of Linux (or any other *NIX) so I can't get things up and running. Maybe one of you can explain me how to install the Zope DB2 Database Adapter and the Python DB2 Module under Windows 2000 or XP?

Then another question to ZDB2DA and pydb2:
To me it seems that there has been not much activity lately. Can anyone tell me if it still works with the latest Zope and Python versions?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Best regards, Yvon

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER

The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
 delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any NDA
currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.