[Zope-DB] Re: How to call a zsql method with NOT a parameter

Axel Straschil axel at straschil.com
Thu Jan 27 14:53:13 EST 2005

Hello!

>>If i call it from python with my_zsql(langid=mylangid), zope takes
> Unfortunately, there is no way to suppress acquisition (unless

I realy was expeciting my_zsql() to behave like my_dtml_method()
When I call a DTML Method, I can do an
 my_dtml_method(client=None, REQUEST=None, **MyDicToPass)
which gives me full controll IF I WANT IT.
So, in dtml acquisition is a feature I can use or not. When beeing
called from python scripts, its often good not to have this feature.
With zsql, acquisition is a MUST, not a feature. This makes the realy
where strong feature "dtml-sqlgroup where" obsolete, becouse I can never
have a guaranteed state how to behave.
Maybe, like in dtml-method/dtml-document, it would be be a good idea to
have callable zsql-method with guaranteed state.

Think for the geek's, it's an easy to subclass zsql for that ;-)
Could someone give an example?

Thanks,
AXEL.