[Zope-DB] Status and future of OracleStorage

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Sat Mar 26 18:02:17 EST 2005

Dear list,

I would like to request some input rearding the status and possible
future development of the OracleStorage ZODB storage.

Has anyone any experince with it, how does it compare to other storages,
in particular how does it compare to Ape and Directory Storage?

My understanding is that no one is doing any serious development of
DCOracle2 any more apart from an occasional bugfix from matt and chris
withers' various attempts at reparing some of the python issues (some of
which I have used myself) - and apparently none of this work is directed
at OracleStorage (for instance, the cvs logs at cvs.zope.org show that
OracleStorage has not been touched in three years).

So I am in a need to get in touch with anyone having any experience in
OracleStorage and who is willing to share their insight on the matter.

Is there any future in using OracleStorage?

Thanks,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx