[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-Postgress on SuSE

miss miss at telpacific.com.au
Sat Mar 26 01:13:06 EST 2005

Many thanks Axel

Guess I also need to read up on "configure"
In all the years I have been using Linux I have never needed to do a configure
make untill this. The achives gave some direction on this but did not give
the switches as you have given.
For the interim I have been using Debian which has it all up and running with
no brain work on my part.

Regards
Max

Hello!

> I have spent many hours attempting to install both POPY and Psycopg on a
SuSE
> 9.0 installation.  Have always come up with the golden oldie "cannot find
> mxdate.

Install
 http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.tar.gz
with
 wget http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.tar.gz
 tar -x -z -f egenix-mx-base-2.0.6.tar.gz
 cd egenix-mx-base-2.0.6
 python setup.py build
 python setup.py install

and then
 wget http://initd.org/pub/software/psycopg/psycopg-1.1.18.tar.gz
 tar -x -z -f psycopg-1.1.18.tar.gz
 cd psycopg-1.1.18
  ./configure --with-python=PathToYourPython(/usr/bin/python?)
--with-zope=PathToYourZopeInstace
--with-postgres-includes=PathToPostgreIncluudes(/usr/include/...)
--with-mxdatetime-includes=PathToMy(/usr/lib/python??/site-packages/mx/
DateTime/mxDateTime)
  make
  make install
  make install-zope

Lg,
AXEL.
--
"Aber naja, ich bin eher der Forentyp." Wolfibolfi's outing in
http://www.informatik-forum.at/showpost.php?p=206342&postcount=10