[Zope-DB] Zope-Postgres-Suse

miss miss at telpacific.com.au
Sun Mar 27 03:44:19 EST 2005

Got a bit further this time

Started with a clean installation of suse 9.0

The mxDateTime is no laonger a problem.

On doing the configure from psycopg-1.1.18 using --with-python=/usr/bin/
python2.3 et al.  I now get a "no module named distutils" error.

Tried compiling and installing python 2.3.5.  No change.

Found the distutils in /usr/local/lib/python2.3/distutils, but cannot copy
them to the other library, or at least I do not know how to.

Found the code in the script of configure, but my clumsy attempts at doing a
patch achieved nothing.  Relevant code copied below:-

if test "${py_cv_python_makefile_vars+set}" = set; then
  echo $ECHO_N "(cached) $ECHO_C" >&6
else
  py_makefile=`$PYTHON -c 'from distutils import sysconfig; print
sysconfig.get_makefile_filename()'`

It appears to me that configure assumes the distutils library will be a subset
of python.

Do you have any fix for this?

Regards
Max