[Zope-DB] Re: Which objects can be stored in Data.fs

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 04:14:41 EDT 2005

Josef Meile wrote:
>> 2) is it possible to tell zope NOT to store some things in the database
>> (for instance in zope.conf-I've looked but not too closely and found
>> nothing)
>
> Why don't you run a cron job that packs the database, let's say each
> month? You could also do a backup before packing; just in case you want
> to undo something later.

Urm, in this case, I'd suggest the guy should really find out what's
causing those writes, they're likely impacting heavily on performance,
if nothing else...

> Something that would be nice, would be to be able to store transactions
> in a separate file before packing, but I don't think it is posible in
> Zope. You may have to write something to do this.

Huh? not sure what you mean... if you keep the .old file created during
packing, that has all the transactions in it that would have been packed
away...

cheers,

Chris

PS: Any chance this thread could move to a more appropriate list, oh, I
dunno, say zodb-dev at zope.org or zope at zope.org?

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk