[Zope-DB] Closing idle DCoracle2 Connections?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Oct 21 14:01:25 EDT 2005

Chris Withers wrote at 2005-10-21 16:27 +0100:
>Well, it depends, there can be a need for lots of infrequently used DA's
>connecting to the same database.

What prevents to replace these DA's by a single instance?

Looks much easier than a sophisticated connection pool management...

>Having these be able to share
>connections can be useful.

Some people perfer more complex solutions over simpler ones ...

>FWIW, if people can, I'd recommend moving to cxOracle. There's more life
>there now :-(

However, a colleague found out that for his (probably special kind
of) setup, "cxOracle" was much slower than DCOracle2 (by about
a factor of 4).

--
Dieter