[Zope-DB] Pitfall: mxODBCZopeDA and test runner in 2.9+

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 02:47:16 EDT 2006

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> As I understand it, the only case that the PYC cleaner is trying
> to work around here is a local configuration problem which only
> occurs if some PY file was removed upstream.

Nope, not at all...

Quite often shows up early in the development cycle...

1. create myfoo.py

2. run unit tests

3. decide it really should have been mybar.py

4. delete myfoo.py

5. run unit tests to make sure you've fixed all import statements

6. happilly checkin

7. get errors on fresh checkout because unit tests were using mybar.pyc

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk